- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame (8 ounces)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook edamame in a 1 1/2 – to 2-quart saucepan of boiling salted water, uncovered, 4 minutes. Drain in a colander, then rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
In a large bowl combine the edamame, black and white beans, onion, celery, salt and pepper. In a small bowl whisk the lime juice, vinegar, honey, cilantro, garlic, cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper together. Pour over bean salad. For best flavor, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market