Family safe after fire at Ogden home; cause under investigation

Posted at 2:25 PM, Jul 12, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-12 16:32:47-04

OGDEN, Utah – A family’s roof and attic are gone after a fire at their Ogden home overnight.

Fire officials said the family of three got out unharmed when the house near 997 E. and 1150 N. went up in flames Monday evening.

Authorities said the flames reached heights of 30 to 40 feet and took crews almost an hour to contain.

Firefighters are investigating what sparked the blaze.

Damage is estimated at about $80,000.