By Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup Gossner Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove seeds and ribs making a boat shape out of each pepper. Mix together all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pack the filling into the peppers. Arrange the peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, and the peppers are cooked. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.