At some point, those of us working from home will return to work.
And for some, that could affect our pets who have gotten used to having us around all the time.
The Best Friends Animal Society says it's important to create a balance to prevent our pets from feeling separation anxiety when the time comes for us to return to work.
The specialists at Best Friends offer some tips:
- Set up a "safe space" where your pet can go and relax on their own
- Give your pet things to interact with while you're gone, like an interactive food toy
- Practice leaving the house without your pet
- Learn your pet's behaviors.
- If they're acting differently, try creating quiet and safe spaces for them to be alone.