SALT LAKE CITY — Governor Gary Herbert has issued a new executive order to allow buffets and 24-hour restaurants to resume operation.
The order, issued Monday, revises the state's health guidelines for their unique businesses. The rules include:
- 24-hour restaurants must close at least twice a day for cleaning.
- Buffet and self-serve restaurants will hand utensils, cups, plates and other service items directly to patrons. None of these items will be set out for patrons to self-serve.
- Buffet restaurants will either provide staff who serve meals from the food bars, or patrons may self-serve from food bars if hand sanitizer is used by each patron each time they enter a different food bar line.
- Where patrons are allowed to self-serve, serving utensils are replaced with clean serving utensils every 30 minutes.
- Face coverings must be worn by patrons in food serving areas.
- Manager checks each employee for symptoms before every shift and asks if any member of the employee’s household has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Log must be kept and available for inspection by the local health officer.
- Staff must wear face coverings at all times and perform hand hygiene between interactions with each table.