There have been some major changes to the homeless services system in Salt Lake and Christina Davis from the
Department of Workforce Services gave us the update:
• In the past six months, three new homeless resource centers have opened in the Salt Lake area.
• Each one is operated by a different nonprofit services provider, but they all operate essentially the same way.
• Now, homeless individuals can find everything they need under one roof: a place to sleep, three meals a day, storage, medical care, employment assistance, housing assistance, a place for their pets, etc.
• Plus, there's the Youth Resource Center and Midvale Family Shelter.
Did you know you can donate to the homeless in our community when you are filing your taxes? It's tax deductible and the money goes directly to help the homeless and not to the government.
- Go to "Voluntary Contributions" on your Utah Income Tax Form
To learn more about the Pamela Atkinson Homeless Trust Fund: jobs.utah.gov/htf