• Olive oil (for frying)
• 12 oz. Smoked salmon or 2 (6-ounce) Fresh poached salmon filet
• 1 1/2 cups cracker meal or seasoned bread crumbs
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or non-fat sour cream
• 1 oz. or 20 chopped cappers
• 1 tablespoons dried dill
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• Coarse salt and Cracked pepper to taste
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• Salad greens or micro greens (Garnish)
• 1 teaspoon seasoned oil
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or reduced fat mayonnaise ( or Yogurt)
• 1/2 cup Sweet chili sauce
• 2 teaspoons dill relish
Flake the cooked cooled salmon with a fork. Add cracker meal to the bowl and work through the fish with your hands. Add the eggs, seasoning, pepper, capers, dill, pepper sauce, and the zest of one lemon to the bowl. Combine the ingredients well with your hands. If the mixture is a little wet, add a bit more cracker meal. Form 2 or 3 -inch patties of salmon cakes 3/4-inch thick.
You should yield 6 to 8 cakes. Pre heat a large, heavy skillet with season with olive oil .
Sauté cakes until golden brown 3 or 4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel lined plate.
Toss salad greens with coarse salt and the juice of the lemon you zested. Drizzle the greens with a little extra-virgin olive oil and re-toss the salad to coat.
Combine mayonnaise, chili sauce and relish in a small dish. To serve, place salmon cakes on a bed of baby greens, 2 cakes per person and top with chili mayonnaise sauce.