by Brandon Howard – La Caille
- 3/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 6 oz fire roasted canned tomatoes (can use fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- six 1 1/2-inch-thick center-cut boneless pork loin chops (also called tournedos, about 6 ounces each)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
Tomato gastrique: In a small saucepan simmer vinegar until reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 3 minutes. Whisk in canned tomatoes, chopped rosemary, and salt, simmer for 5 min. Puree until smooth, and keep warm, covered.
Season pork with pepper and salt.
In a 12-inch heavy skillet melt butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides and sauté pork until golden, about 3 minutes on each side. Cook pork, covered, over moderate heat until just cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
Divide gastrique among 6 plates and top with pork and salsa.
Serve with Rice Pilaf or Roasted Potatoes and fresh vegetables