by Jennifer Burns
• 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 cups granola, such as Daily Bread
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1/4 cup almonds or walnuts pieces
• 1/4 cup flakes coconut (optional)
• 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar with the honey and butter. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Add the granola, raisins, nuts and coconut (if using) to the saucepan and fold the ingredients to evenly coat with the sauce. Transfer the granola mixture to a 9-by-13-inch ungreased baking pan and press firmly to evenly fill. Gently press the chocolate chips onto the top of the granola. Let the granola mixture set in the refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes. Cut into bars.