by Brandon Howard, La Caille
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cups parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless pounded inch thick)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons (one sliced and juice of 1)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- .25 cup capers (drained and patted dry)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- .25 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsps butter (chilled and cut into small pieces)
- salt and pepper (taste)
Place flour on a plate or pie tin. Beat eggs with the milk in shallow bowl; place 1cup of grated cheese on another plate. Working with 1 chicken breast at a time, coat the chicken with the flour, then eggmixture, then cheese, pressing to adhere ( repeat until all breasts are coated. Discard leftover breading. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp Olive oil, over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, allow about 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter and keep warm. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, to the skillet. Add sliced lemon, garlic and capers and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the wine and parsley and cook until reduced, 1 minute. Lower the heat and bring to a simmer.
Stir the chicken broth into the sauce for 1 minute. Stir in the butter until melted,
then stir in the lemon juice. Spoon a little sauce over the chicken.
season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and toss.
Serve the chicken with pasta or mash potatoes.