by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 8 thin slices cooked ham
- 8 slices Gossner Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed spinach leaves (or any type of lettuce)
- 1 1/2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil- finely diced (optional)
- 4 large flour tortillas
Creamy Basil Spread
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise- non-fat, light or regular
- 1 clove garlic- minced
- 12-15 basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the dressing, add all of the 4 ingredients in a blender or food processer. Blend until creamy. Lay the 4 tortillas out on the counter. Spread the creamy basil mixture over the entire tortilla. Spread 2 slices of ham out on each tortilla and 2 slices of the cheese. Note: keep all of the ingredients toward one half of the tortilla. Layer the lettuce, tomatoes, basil (optional) on each wrap. Starting at the end of the tortilla with all of the ingredients, roll like a burrito. Cover the ingredients with the first roll, tuck in the sides and keep rolling. Set the wrap seam side down, cut in half and serve immediately.
Option: brush olive oil on the outside of each wrap and bake at 300 degrees for 3-4 minutes until cheese melts through.