by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 ounce green chilies
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pound Gossner Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Gossner Milk
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Bring a frying pan up to medium-high heat. Add the oil. Brown the meat and sauté the onion for 6-8 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Add the remaining ingredients. While frequently stirring, cook until the cheese melts through. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
1 quart vegetable oil <http://allrecipes.com/recipe/corn-tortilla-chips/> for frying
1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas, cut into 6 wedges each
Salt <http://allrecipes.com/recipe/corn-tortilla-chips/>, to taste
1. Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In small batches, fry the corn tortilla wedges until crisp. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Salt to taste while warm.