by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 4 sausages, beef, chicken, turkey (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 red or green peppers, roasted, peeled, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 Serrano or jalapeño pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 hoagie buns
In a large frying pan with a 2″ lip, fill 3/4 with water and bring to a boil. Place the sausages in the pan and turn down to a simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Remove the sausages from the pot and dump out the water. Bring the same pan up to a medium to high heat. Sauté the sausages for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove the sausage from the pan and cover on a plate with tinfoil.
In the same pan (do not wash out) on medium to high heat, add the oil and sauté the onion, pepper, Serrano or jalapeno pepper and garlic with salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the mustard, Worcestershire and water. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
Place each sausage in a hoagie bun and top with the Roasted Pepper Relish. Serve immediately.