by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 1/4 cup Gossner Muenster Cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Gossner Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 garlic clove, finely chopped, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz. can) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses, egg, basil, 1 garlic clove, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Place 1 rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush the edges of each wonton wrapper lightly with water. Fold the wrapper in half, making sure all the filling remains inside. Seal the edges by pinching.
Add salt to large pot of boiling water. Gently add the ravioli, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until tender, stirring gently.
Meanwhile, in a small pot over medium heat, add the oil. Sauté the onion and remaining garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the oregano, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
Using a large slotted spoon, place the ravioli into individual bowls. Pour the sauce over each serving. Top with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.