by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Mash the sweet potatoes in a bowl and then add the flour, garam masala, ginger, cilantro or parsley, yogurt, salt and pepper. Mix well and then form into small patties about 2-inches in diameter.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties in batches so they have plenty of room to fry. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until they are golden and crispy and cooked through. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.