by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained (8½ ounces each)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Drain and rinse the artichokes. Pat them dry. Lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and cheese. Dip the artichokes in the egg mixture, making sure they are evenly coated. Then coat them well in the breadcrumb mixture.
Grease the bottom of a baking pan with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the artichokes in the pan. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumbs over the artichokes.
Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the artichokes. Bake for about 20 minutes. The artichokes should be warmed through, and the breadcrumb mixture should be toasted. Sprinkle lemon zest before serving. Serve with Tzatziki Sauce.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 cup greek yogurt, strained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Using a whisk, blend the yogurt with the sour cream. Add the olive oil mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Finally, add the cucumber and chopped fresh dill. Chill for at least two hours before serving.