by Chef Ryan Murray, La Caille
- 1 lb. Manila or Small clams (cleaned)
- 1 lb. black mussels (cleaned)
- 1 lb. small shelled & cleaned shrimp
- 1 lb. cod filet
- 1 lb. leeks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 T. EVOO
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme or 4 sprigs fresh
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch black pepper
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 bayleaf
- 24 oz. bottled clam juice (3- 8 oz. bottles)
- 1 20 oz. can diced stewed tomato
- 1 ½ cups white wine
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp. saffron
Saute leeks, onion in olive oil til soft
Add garlic thyme, red pepper flake, black pepper, salt and bayleaf. Sauté 2 more min.
Add clam juice, tomatoes, white wine, water and saffron. Bring to a boil.
Heat and simmer 20 min.
Add clams, mussels and cook 5 minutes.
Add shrimp & stir all together. Top with Halibut.
Cover & Cook til mussels open and fish is done and flaky, about 8 minutes.