by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 6 thin cut pork chops
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1.2 teaspoon rosemary or sage
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, crushed
- 1/4 cup almonds, crushed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 peaches, diced
- 8-10 bing cherries, pitted and chopped, optional
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk eggs with garlic powder, onion powder and rosemary or sage. Place breadcrumbs and almonds on a separate plate.
Dip the pork chops into the egg, then press in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Bake in a greased baking dish for 20-30 minutes (adjust time based on the thickness of the chops) in the preheated oven. In a saucepan, heat the applesauce, peaches and cherries, if using, with the vinegar and honey. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10-12 minutes. Serve the pork chops with the peach applesauce.