The use of any open flame device, open fires (including recreational fires and campfires), and the use of any firework device shall be prohibited in the defined restricted areas.
Geographical Areas Defined:
1. All areas east of Harrison Boulevard from the north city boundary to the south city boundary.
2. All wooded areas along the River Parkway beginning at Harrison Blvd and continuing along the pathways to the west city boundary and the south city boundary. This also includes all associated parks along the River corridor.
3. All of Fort Buenaventura, the city baseball park and dog park area located off of A Ave.
4. The old landfill property located at approx. 2550 A Ave., near Fort Buenaventura.
5. All open fields, vacant lots, wooded areas, and brush covered hillsides throughout the city.
Unlawful Acts Defined:
See Ogden City Ordinance 11-6-2, section D:
D. Prohibited Acts and Activities: It shall be unlawful for any person to:
1. Ignite, explode, project or otherwise fire or use, or permit the ignition, explosion, or projection of any fireworks upon or over or onto the street or public property or the property of another.
2. Ignite, explode, or otherwise make use of any fireworks within one hundred fifty feet (150′) of any fireworks stand.
3. Ignite, explode, project or otherwise fire or make use of any fireworks within thirty feet (30′) of:
a. Any residence, dwelling or other structure; or
b. A vertical or overhead obstruction (such as a tree, line, or structural overhang) measured from the point on the ground directly below the outermost perimeter of such obstruction.
4. Ignite or discharge any fireworks within or throw the same from a motor vehicle.
5. Place any ignited article of fireworks into or near a motor vehicle or near any person or group of people.
6. Throw any ignited article of fireworks into or at a motor vehicle, or at or near any person or group of people.
7. Ignite, explode, project, or otherwise fire or use, or assist in the ignition, explosion or projection of any fireworks in a location where such use has been prohibited by order of the fire marshal pursuant to section 2-4-17 of this code. It is a violation of this section for a person who ignites or assists in igniting fireworks in a lawful location to allow the fireworks to be launched into, projected over, or to land in a prohibited area. No person shall be prosecuted under this section when acting reasonably under authority of a permit issued by the fire marshal.
Any individual who violates this order is in violation of City Ordinance 11-6-2 and the International Fire Code sections 308.1.2 and 305.4, and is subject to the full penalties of the law. Violation of this order is a Class B Misdemeanor and is punishable by up to a $1000.00 dollar fine and/or up to six (6) months in jail.
Individuals responsible for fires that result from negligence including the parents of minors may be held accountable for the cost of damages and expenses related to firefighting efforts. See City Ordinance 12-12-3.
Please report all fires and fireworks that you witness in the restricted areas by calling Weber Area Consolidated Dispatch Center at 801-629-8221.