by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 beef, chicken or pork sausae links, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips Click to see savings
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a Dutch oven or large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook sausage for 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove sausage from pan and drain well on paper towels.
In the same pan with the sausage drippings, add the remaining oil and sauté the onion and two bell peppers over medium-high heat 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in sausage, pasta, and cheese. Top with green onions and parsley. Serve immediately.