by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced or grated
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into ¼” slices
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese (buffalo mozzarella, if available), cut into 1/4” slices or shredded
- 10-12 Basil leaves, chopped or torn
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl with salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Set aside. Layer the tomatoes with the mozzarella and basil. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar mixture over the tomatoes, cheese and basil. Serve immediately.
Cook’s Tip’s: Add a few chopped scallions or avocado. Try goat cheese instead of mozzarella.