by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 1 package of cornbread (16 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons Gossner butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 small can green chilies
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup Gossner Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Prepare the cornbread according to package directions.
In a large skillet, bring the butter and oil up to a medium heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Brown the meat while cooking it all the way through. Remove from pan. Without wiping out pan, add the onion, pepper, celery, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-6 minutes. Add the chilies, Worcestershire, ketchup, sour cream and cheese. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Pour the meat mixture over the cornbread. Top with green onions and tomato. Serve immediately.