by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow squash, diced into small chunks
- 1 small head broccoli, diced into small bite size pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 can (5 ounces) water chestnuts, sliced, roughly chopped
- 1 can (13 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
In a large frying or sauté pan over medium to medium-high heat, add the oil. Stirring frequently, sauté the squash, broccoli and onion for 4-5 minutes until slightly soft with salt and pepper. Add the water chestnuts, chickpeas, curry powder and coconut milk. Mix well and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
Serve the vegetable mixture in the lettuce leaves. Top with green onion, cilantro and peanuts.