by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 2 tablespoons Gossner butter
- 2 pounds sole fillets or any white fish, cut to make 4 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup Gossner whipping cream
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro, chopped Salt and Pepper
In a large nonstick frying pan, melt the butter over moderate heat. Sprinkle the sole with salt and the pepper. Dust the sole with the flour and shake off any excess. Put the sole in the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side (adjust the cooking time based on thickness). Remove the fish from the pan. Cover with tinfoil.
Add the cream, lemon zest, capers, salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook until starting to thicken, about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining the lemon juice and parsley or cilantro. Add the fish back into the pan. Serve the sauce over the fish.