by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 8 slices raisin bread (or any type)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly slices
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Combine the chicken, olive oil, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes so the chicken can marinate. Toast the walnuts in a small, dry skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer the pecans to a plate and set aside to cool.
Grill the chicken under the broiler or on an outdoor grill for 10 to 12 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked, turning once. Allow the chicken to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Spread each slice of bread evenly with the mayonnaise. Divide the chicken slices and place some on 4 pieces of the bread. Sprinkle with bits of the blue cheese, the toasted walnuts and apple slices. With a sharp knife, quarter each sandwich.