by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 large spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 3 tablespoon apple cider wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zest only and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoon tarragon, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cups olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and bake for about 5 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
Arrange the spaghetti squash halves cut sides up on a baking sheets. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 50 minutes, until the squash is tender.
Let squash cool. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon zest and lemon juice, thyme, crushed red pepper and tarragon, if using. Whisk in the olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Working over a large bowl, using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti squash, separating the strands. Pour the dressing over the squash and toss to coat. Add the feta and pine nuts; mix well.