by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cored and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the oil, cumin, turmeric, crushed red pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
On 2 large rimmed baking sheets, drizzle the cauliflower with the spiced oil and toss well to coat; season with salt and pepper. Spread the cauliflower in an even layer and bake for 30-40 minutes, until browned and tender.
Meanwhile, in a pie plate, toast the pine nuts for 2-3 minutes. Let cool. Transfer the cauliflower to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the pine nuts, cilantro and basil.