by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into slices
- 2 yellow or green bell peppers, cut into slices
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4-6 basil leaves, diced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Coat the peppers with 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet and roast for 30 minutes. In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, mix the lemon juice, anchovy paste, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir in the oil. Add the peppers, capers, tomato and basil; mix well.