by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 1 cup pecans
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup Gossner Butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Gossner Monterey Jack, grated
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Spread the pecans in a pie plate and toast until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, toss the carrots, parsnips, cauliflower, squash and brussel sprouts with the butter and nutmeg and season generously with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for 30 minutes, until the vegetables begin to brown. Scatter the pecans and ginger over the vegetables and drizzle with the maple syrup; toss well. Continue to roast the vegetables for 15 minutes longer, until they are tender and golden. Grate the cheese on top while still hot.