by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 4 tablespoons Gossner Butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Gossner Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices Gossner Swiss Cheese
- 4 slices Gossner Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- Black pepper, to taste
Spread the butter and cream cheese on one side of each bread slice. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Put 2 bread slices in the skillet, buttered-side down. Layer a slice each of cheddar, Swiss and pepper jack cheese on each piece of bread; add roasted pepper slices, olives and pepper. Cover with another bread slice, buttered-side up.
Cook, pressing the sandwiches occasionally with a spatula, until the cheese melts and the bread is golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat to make 2 more sandwiches. Serve immediately.