by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 1 tablespoon Gossner Butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 19-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn, frozen (thawed) or fresh
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas, quartered
- 1 19-ounce can mild red or green enchilada sauce
- 1 1/4 cups Gossner Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are heated through, about 3 minutes.
Scatter half the tortilla pieces in the pan. Top with half the vegetable mixture, half the enchilada sauce and half the cheese. Repeat with one more layer of tortillas, vegetables, sauce and cheese. Cover with foil.
Bake the casserole for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake 10 additional minutes. Garnish with tomato, green onions and cilantro.