SALT LAKE CITY — Following his re-election, Governor Gary Herbert has announced a series of big changes to his cabinet.
In a statement issued Friday, the governor’s office announced:
- Utah Dept. of Public Safety Commissioner Lance Davenport will retire after 29 years in June 2013.
- Utah Dept. of Transportation Executive Director John Njord will retire.
- Insurance Commissioner Neal Gooch will retire.
- Utah Dept. of Corrections Executive Director Tom Patterson will resign, effective January 4, 2013.
- Utah Dept. of Workforce Services executive director Kristen Cox has been named director of the Governor’s Office of Management and Budget; Jon Pierpont will replace her.
“The Governor and senior staff have reviewed the entire Governor’s Office and Cabinet in an effort to ensure the Governor’s priorities are met over the next four years in a way that serves that best interests of the State,” governor’s Chief of Staff Derek Miller said in the statement.