CLINTON, Utah -- A trailer, truck and the attic of a house in Clinton caught fire Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out at 2841 West 1010 North. When crews arrived, a pickup truck was engulfed in flames and the fire had spread to a trailer and the home.
A propane tank on the trailer exploded as a result of the fire. The trailer was also holding ammunition and firefighters heard popping and explosion noised when they first arrived on scene.
Officials said the fire started as a result of hot coals being disposed of from a wood burning stove. The coals had been allowed to cool for 24 hours, but still caused a garbage can to go up in flames.
Officials estimate the damage to the property to be about $200,000. The family of four was able to evacuate the home safely and firefighters rescued two dogs. No one was injured in the blaze.
A snow-covered hydrant initially hampered fire crews efforts.
"With the snow volumes that we have had recently, they just get buried and really need to stress that if you have a fire hydrant in your parking strip, on your property, to help us out and clear those out and give us three feet. That really delays us on protecting your property," said Chief Dave Olsen, Clinton City.