By Jennifer Burns, Slide Ridge
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (i.e. Frank’s)
- 3 tablespoons Slide Ridge Honey Vinegar
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Slide Ridge Honey Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Slide Ridge Honey
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a sealed, large baggie, add the chicken, hot sauce, honey vinegar, salt and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours for best flavor. In a large bowl combine the lettuce, cabbage, carrots, celery, tomato, onion and blue cheese.
In a large frying pan up to a medium high heat, add two teaspoons of the oil. Sauté the chicken for 7-8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the honey vinegar, garlic, mustard, remaining oil, salt and pepper.
Toss the vinaigrette with the salad. Add the chicken; mix well. Serve immediately.