by Jennifer Burns, McGrath’s Fish House
- 2 pounds snow crab legs
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup butter or clarified butter
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place the crab legs into a large pot with about 1/4 of a pot of water. Place a lid tightly on the top of the pot. Steam the crabs for 6-8 minutes until they are heated through.
For the shrimp scampi, rinse shrimp and set aside. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic 1-2 minutes or until softened, but not browned. Add shrimp, tomato, onions, wine and lemon juice; cook until shrimp are pink and firm, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Do not overcook. Add basil, salt and pepper before serving.
Plate some of the crab legs and shrimp scampi on each plate. Serve immediately.