by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 pound steak strips, any cut
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 yellow or white onion, sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth, divided
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with oil. Add beef to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from pan. Add onion, mushrooms and paprika to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium.
Combine beef broth and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture and beef, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 3-4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, green onions and butter. Serve beef mixture over egg noodles; garnish with parsley.