by Jennifer Burns, McGrath‘s Fish House
- 1 lb. fish (cod, mahi mahi or any white fish) -OR- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 8 (six inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Season fish or chicken with Cajun spice, salt and pepper. Cook on lightly oiled 350° griddle until cooked through, approximately 4 minutes per side for fish or six minutes per side for chicken. Fish should be cooked to internal temperature of 145 degrees, chicken to 165 degrees. Divide fish or chicken between the 8 tortillas.
Top with the coleslaw (recipe below), cheese and pico de gallo. Serve immediately.
Sweet and Spicy Coleslaw
- 2 cups Diced cabbage
- 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (i.e.Tabasco)
- Pinch Cayenne pepper (optional)
To make the coleslaw, mix the ingredients together. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours for best flavor.