by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 4 flat iron steaks
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bring steaks up to room temperature. Season each side with garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. Add the oil to a large frying pan brought up to high heat. Sear the steaks on each side for 1-2 minutes. Place steaks in oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness and desired doneness. When steaks are done, let them “rest” for 5 minutes before cutting.
For the chimichurri sauce, place parsley, garlic, oregano, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Process until finely chopped, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, about 1 minute total.
With the motor running, stream in the oil. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse a few times to combine. For best flavor, refrigerate at least 2 hours. Bring up to room temperature. Serve over steaks.