by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium poblano chiles or bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1-1/2 lb. large shrimp, shelled, deveined, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Warmed flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the sliced onion, chilies r pepper. Stir in half the cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, stir for another minute. Push mixture to the sides of the pan.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Add remaining oil to the mixture and the shrimp. Coast well.
Add the shrimp to the middle of the pan over medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through. Mix the shrimp and vegetable mixture together. Serve with the warmed flour tortillas, cilantro, tomato, lime wedges and sour cream, if using.