by Jennifer Burns, Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 medium red or yellow sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- Black Pepper, to taste
In a medium saucepan cook broccoli, sweet pepper and zucchini in a small amount of boiling, lightly salted water about 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Blanch and set aside.
Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender. Stir in cornstarch. Add orange juice, mustard and pepper. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Pour the sauce over the vegetable mixture; toss gently to coat.