by Jennifer Burns, Jamba Juice
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 1/4 cup strawberries, diced (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Grill tomatillos, onion slices and jalapenos, turning occasionally, until soft and a bit charred, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove vegetables as they are ready. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
Peel, seed and stem the jalapenos. Place the tomatillos, onions, jalapenos, lime juice, vinegar, brown sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is well blended but still has a chunky texture. Serve warm or chilled.
Suggested serving: with any Jamba Juice wrap or sandwich with a smoothie or fresh orange juice. Also, over grilled chicken, fish, vegetables or whole wheat chips or pitas.