by Jennifer Burns, Jamba Juice
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup (about 10 ounces) frozen whole strawberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 4 firm, ripe pears
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoons mint or basil, torn
To make Strawberry Relish, in a saucepan, heat cranberry sauce over low heat until warm. Stir in strawberries, pecans, ginger and orange zest. Keep warm.
Peel pears; cut in half. With spoon, scoop out seeds and enough flesh to make a large cavity. Place pears on baking sheet, cut side up, and brush with butter. Turn pears over and brush with butter again. Place under broiler until pears start to brown; turn pears over with spatula and broil cut sides until they start to brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Fill cavity of each pear half with 1/4 cup Strawberry Relish. Garnish with mint or basil.