by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 anchovies (drained and chopped or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste)
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 romaine lettuce head
- 2 cups croutons
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Put first 6 ingredients into a blender with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese. Blend until emulsified. Refrigerate for several hours for best flavor.
Peel off outer layers of the romaine lettuce to the desired size. Cut skewers down to 4″. From the bottom, insert skewer into the center of each leaf. Crush the croutons to course bread crumbs. Mix crumbs with Parmesan. Brush dressing on each leaf, lightly. Sprinkle crumb & cheese mix over the top.
Make it larger for entree size of smaller for appetizers.