by Jennifer Burns
- 1 pound tilapia, cod or whitefish filets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs or whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (save 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a shallow dish, mix together breadcrumbs, zest, cheese, parsley or basil, red pepper, salt and pepper. Coat each piece of fish with breadcrumb mixture. Pat down with hands. Place fish on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fish is flaky and golden brown.
In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Sauté the shallot for 1-2 minutes. Add the lemon, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over fish. Garnish with remaining fresh parsley. Serve immediately.