by Jennifer Burns, Dan's Market
- 1 cucumber, halved and seeded, but not peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 6 tomatoes
- 1/4 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Roughly chop the cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onion into 1-inch cubes. Put the vegetables into a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until they are coarsely chopped. Do not over process.
After each vegetable is processed, combine them in a large bowl and add the garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill before serving. The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.