by Jennifer Burns, Dan's Market
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/4'’ slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 pound pork, cooked, diced or shredded
- 4 green onions, diced
- 3 pickle spears or pickles jalapenos, diced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lay baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush with oil. Top with cheese. Bake for 4-5 minutes until cheese melts.
Combine ketchup, vinegar, molasses, mustard, water, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Add pork to sauce. Top barbeque pork on baguette slices. Top with green onions and pickles, if using.