- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound Italian flavored ground sausage (turkey or pork)
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 12 rolls or buns, split
In a large bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, garlic, turkey, sausage, oregano, salt and pepper. Shape into 12 patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. 1 minutes before cooked, add the cheese and let melt.
Brush buns with spaghetti sauce. Serve burgers on buns with tomato and basil.
Sponsor: Dan's Market