“5th Annual Be Well Utah – a Family Health Week, August 13th – 17th”
Free health screenings and family fun for all ages! Details below or go to: healthcare.utah.edu/bewellutah
Tuesday, August 13
Employee Health Day
University of Utah Hospital Cafeteria Patio
10 a.m – 2 p.m.
Making wise food choices is one way to “Be Well”. Join us for a farmers market at University of Utah Hospital. Employees and public welcome to attend. The first 200 participants will receive a free canvas bag.
Wednesday, August 14th:
Harmons City Creek
135 E. 100 S., Salt Lake City
11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Healthy Snack Samples: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Health Screenings: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Blood Pressure
• Body Fat
Healthy Living Store Tour: 1 – 2 p.m.
Healthy Living Store Tour: 3 – 4 p.m.
Living with Diabetes Store Tour: 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Mediterranean Diet Workshop: 6 – 7 p.m.
All events are free!
Thursday, August 15th :
South Jordan Family Night
South Jordan Health Center in Daybreak
5126 W. Daybreak Parkway, South Jordan
4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Participate in Family Night at the South Jordan Health Center, our newest multi-specialty facility built in the heart of the Daybreak community. There will be interactive activities for all ages.
Activities will include:
• Meet PBS Kids’ characters, Clifford and Curious George, courtesy of KUED
• Hands-on healthy cooking for kids
• Fun interactive mind, body & safety exhibits
• Check out an AirMed helicopter
• Teddy Bear Clinic with Dr. Dog (Kids bring your stuffed animal and Dr. Dog will examine them and give you a prescription to keep them happy and healthy)
• Medication disposal (bring your expired or unused medications and disposed of them with SJPD)
• Free child ID kits
• Cooking demonstration
• Skin damage screenings
• Cosmetic services including microdermabrasion and skin care demonstrations
• Make your own healthy snack
• Climb aboard emergency vehicles from South Jordan Police and Fire Departments
• K9 and HazMat unit
• Kids’ obstacle course
• Basketball drills
• Free heart screenings
• Free vision screening courtesy of Moran Eye Center
• Interactive wellness exhibits from University specialties including allergy, dermatology, cardiology, sports medicine, women’s health and infertility
• Free hotdogs & Creamies
• Reptile rescue
• Biometrics screenings including blood pressure, body fat and BMI
Friday, August 16th :
Liberty Senior Center
Location: 251 East 700 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Hearing Loss and Treatment Options
TeeMarie Jorgensen, Au.D
10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
• Mental Health Wellness for Seniors
Dr. Martin Freimer, M.D.
10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
• Healthy Cooking Demonstration
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Atrial Fibrillation Screening – Help prevent a stroke with this simple and painless screening
• Blood Pressure and Glucose Screening – Free screenings to help you track your blood pressure and glucose levels
• Carotid Artery Screening – Prevent carotid artery stenosis with this 15-minute screening
• Visual Acuity/Glaucoma Testing – Free eye screening along with eye-health information and free giveaways
Saturday, August 17th
Walk & Wag for Wellness
Fort Douglas Gazebo
Located on Fort Douglas Boulevard in Salt Lake City, just south of University Guest House
8:00 – 10:30 a.m.
Be Well Utah is proud to introduce the 2nd annual Walk & Wag for Wellness in partnership with Intermountain Therapy Animals and University Veterinary Hospital & Diagnostic Center.
Bring your dog to join in the fun of fitness!
This is a great opportunity for you and your family (dogs included) to start the morning with a brisk one-mile walk through historic Fort Douglas, located on the east side of the University campus.
• Come and watch a dog agility course demonstration hosted by Lori Nichol from Willow Creek Pet Training
• Veterinarians from University Veterinary Hospital & Diagnostic Center will be on site to give pet-health advice
• Professional Dog Trainers, will be available to answer your dog training questions
• Last but not least, back by popular demand is the Way Cool Band. They will be performing throughout the event and we look forward to having them with us.
Pet sitting will no longer be available at the Stadium. Due to hot temperatures in August, we encourage owners to take their dogs home as they attend the Be Well Utah events located at the stadium.
Saturday, August 17th
5K Run in Rhythm
Rice Eccles Stadium, 451 South 1400 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
We are rallying the community in support of atrial fibrillation (Afib) research on August 17th. Hundreds will join the CARMA Center to run, walk, and cheer on participants as they race to raise awareness about Afib, a cardiac arrhythmia that affects more than four million Americans and causes 20 percent of all strokes.
The FREE 5K begins at Rice Eccles Stadium and continues across the University of Utah campus.
CARMA is excited to host our most successful 5K yet, bringing the community together for a fun, free event to benefit Afib Awareness! Visit our website at http://www.runinrhythm.org
Saturday, August 17th
Family Health Fair
Rice Eccles Stadium
451 South 1400 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Join us at our premier Be Well Utah event, the Family Health Fair. All our activities culminate in this family-friendly event located at Rice Eccles Stadium on the University of Utah Campus. Come participate in free health screenings, interactive wellness displays, on-field activities, and a Kids’ Corner full of fun, healthy activities. Drawings and giveaways are plentiful throughout the fair, and everything is free! Free admission, parking, food and fun!