- 2 Portobello mushrooms, stemmed and wiped clean
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary or thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated (1 ounce) provolone cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups loose greens
- 1 tomato, diced
- No-salt seasoning and pepper, to taste
Preheat the broiler (grill). Position the rack 4 inches from the heat source. Lightly coat a glass baking dish with cooking spray. Remove the stems. Place the mushrooms in the dish, (gill) side up.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, brown sugar, rosemary or thyme and garlic. Pour the mixture over the mushrooms. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes to marinate.
Broil (grill) the mushrooms, turning once, until they're tender, about 4 minutes on each side. Sprinkle grated cheese over each mushroom and continue to broil (grill) until the cheese melts. Min lemon juice, mustard, oil, no salt seasoning and pepper in a large bowl. Add greens and tomatoes and toss. Serve greens on 2 plates and top with a mushroom. Serve immediately.