- 1 pound fresh fish, skinless snapper, halibut or other ocean white fish
- 1 ½ cups fresh lime juice
- 1 medium white onion, chopped into ¼ inch dice
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, cut in ¼ inch dice
- 1-2 serrano chile peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped.
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped. Plus a few leaves for garnish
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Tostadas, Tortilla Chips. Homemade or store-bought.
Combine the fish, onion and lime juice in a stainless or glass bowl. Cover and allow to marinate for 4 hours. When the fish is cooked through, strain and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, chile peppers, cilantro, olives and optional olive oil. Stir in the fish and season with salt, to taste. Add the orange juice to balance the flavors. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
Just before serving, stir in the diced avocado.
Arrange a bowl or platter with tortilla chips and spoon the ceviche in the center and garnish with a few cilantro leaves. If using a tostada shell, fill with the ceviche and serve.
Recipe from Costa Vida